As ever, there‘s lots going on this month, particularly on women‘s rights. Here are some of the highlights:
- On Friday, there‘s the award of the Clara Zetkin prize, given to organisations fighting for women‘s rights. From 7pm in the Südblock (U-Bahn Kotbusser Tor)
- And on Thursday, 8 March its the International Women‘s Day march. From 5pm at Hermannplatz
We‘ll be at both events, and will be bringing a flyer promoting 2 coming events (both mainly in German):
- Forum on women‘s rights in Europe, with speakers from Germany, Poland and Ireland. 14 March in Karl Liebknecht Haus
- Film „Nichts ist Erledigt“ about access to abortion for non-Germans. Followed by a discussion with the directors and other pro-choice activists. 22 March in Theater X (Wiclefstraße 32)
If you‘d like to meet up with us, or want some flyers to give out, feel free to get in touch with us beforehand
Our next „proper“ meeting is on 26 March in die LINKE Neukölln offices. The subject isn‘t clear yet as we‘re trying to get someone to speak about the coming Italian elections (if you have contacts, please get in touch). As soon as we know, we‘ll post an update here.
Apart from that, here are some other dates for your diary.
- Tomorrow night is the next Jacobin reading group meeting on Neoliberalism. 7pm in Bilgasaray. You can find the texts here.
- On Sunday we‘ll be having our monthly organising meeting to plan the activities of our group. These meetings are open to anyone who‘s interested, but as we‘re trying to get some consistency in our organising, we‘d prefer the people who come to commit to most of the meetings. Contact us for the address and time.
- On 16-17 June we‘ll be having our annual retreat in the countryside in the Naturfreunde Haus in Hermsdorf. More information soon, but save the date, and watch this Website
- And from 11-15 July, the European Left will be having its Summer University in Vienna. Some of us are planning on going, so if you want to go with us, please get in touch.
And finally, two new articles on our Website.
- Victor Grossman‘s new Berlin Bulletin is just out. This week, Victor is looking forward to Sunday‘s vote in the SPD on renewing the grand coalition
- And there‘s a film review from, er, me, on the new Black Panther film here
Hope to see y‘all soon
DIE LINKE Berlin Internationals
Join our mailing list – send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org