No Summer break for us. Here are just some of the activities we’re involved in in the next couple of months.
- Ever wanted to know more about the LINKE Internationals but were too afraid to ask? On 23 August we have a meeting in Karl Liebknecht Haus explaining who we are and what we do.
- On 27 August, Nadjat Hamdi from the Daughters of Saguia and Rio will be telling us about Western Sahara: the forgotten conflict in our monthly meeting in the LINKE Neukölln offices.
- On 31 August, there’s talk of a solidarity concert for the victims of the Greek wildfires. More details to follow. In the meantime, here’s what you can do to help the wildfire vicitms.
- On 12 September, there’s the next in our debates about the EU. Fabio de Masi MP and a speaker from Great Britain will speak on the EU finance and economic politics in times of Brexit. As ever, with these meetings, it will be largely in German.
- On 24 September, we are organising a forum on reproductive rights in Latin America, with Cecilia Maas from Argentina, Kristina Hinz, a researcher into feminism in Brazil, and a speaker from the Chilean organisation Frente Amplio. As we are expecting more people to attend than at our usual monthly meeting, the forum will take place in Karl Liebknecht Haus.
- The forum takes places 2 days after the planned march by anti-choice fundamentalists (including some leading AfD members) through Berlin. For information about the planned protests against this show of bigotry, follow the website of the Bündis für sexuelle Selbsbestimmung.
- In December there are 2 events for you to put into your diary. On 1 December we’ll be having our Keihnachtsfest / not-Christmas party in Café Plume. And the week-end afterwards, from 6-8 December, the LINKE-SDS are organising a conference to celebrate 50 years since 1968.
You can see our new leaflet advertising these events and more here. Please contact us if you want printed versions of this leaflet to give out.
Not enough for you? Well, there are a few new things on our Website:
- the video of our meeting on the new right in Europe with Daniele Obono and others
- Victor Grossman’s new Berlin Bulletin on the NSU affair, Mesit Ösil and a little victory
- Berlin LINKE Internationals member Elena Gavoska makes a call for internationalist solidarity with refugees
If you would like more information about Die LINKE Berlin Internationals or would like to help us organise any of the above, please get in touch.
DIE LINKE Berlin Internationals
Join our mailing list – send a message to email@example.com