Sorry for the delay, but we can finally announce the venue for our meeting in the countryside. DIE LINKE Berlin Internationals will be meeting from on Sunday 20 August from midday at die LINKE offices in Brandenburg an der Havel. We’ll be paying for group tickets for everyone to travel together, so if you’re coming, please let us know by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting is open to anyone who is interested. It will largely be in English but we can provide translation on request. We’re meeting this week-end to decide on a final programme (more info below), but here’s what’s planned so far.
- What’s going on in the world? Everyone gets the chance to report on what’s happening in their country
- The US Left under Trump Eye-witness account from last week’s conference of the Democratic Socialists of America from Julia Damphouse who was there as our delegate
- How did we get here? Brief history of the LINKE Berlin Internationals with founder-members Noemi Argerich and Phil Butland
- The coming German elections Judith Benda, direct candidate in Neukölln introduces her campaign, while Ana Barrena and Ferat Kocak/Erkin Erdogan explain what’s already been planned in Podemos and the HDP/HDK
- Future plans Working with other groups? Film shows? Changing the world. Our treasurer Ferran Cornella introduces a talk on future plans
We’ll post more information on the facebook page for the Event www.facebook.com/events/1428839543871041
To make sure everything runs smoothly we’re meeting up this Sunday, August 13th for a picnic and planning meeting. The people taking part will decide where and when, so if you want to join in, please get in touch (its still email@example.com). If you can’t make the picnic but have some ideas, let us know before then.
Hope to see you soon
DIE LINKE Berlin Internationals
Join our mailing list – send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org