The next meeting of Die LINKE Berlin Internationals with be on Monday 27 November, where a Ukranian speaker will be talking about building The New Left in the Ukraine. 7pm at Die LINKE Neukölln, Wipperstraße 6.
We are also organising some other meetings in the next few weeks:
- On Monday 20 November, Ana, an activist from the Committee to Defend the Republic in Catalonia will be reporting on the struggle for the defence of the Catalan Republic. Also at Die LINKE Neukölln offices at 7pm.
- On Friday, 24 November, we are helping organise a meeting in German on The New Left in Europe. 6pm in Karl Liebknecht Haus on Rosa Luxemburg Platz.
- On Friday, 1 December, we have our Not-Christmas Party in Café Plume, Warthestraße 60 in Neukölln. There will be buffet food, live music from Telma Savietto and from Cigir and a dubious raffle.
- On Wednesday, 6 December, we’ll be having an organising meeting, also in Café Plume, to plan next year’s meetings and activities.
There are also some meetings coming up from people we support:
- The next Jacobin reading group is on 15 November on the Russian Revolution in Bilgisaray on Heinrichplatz
- On Wednesday, 22 November, The Coalition has its next meeting in Café Plume
- On 2 December, the AfD are holding their Party Conference in Hannover where its largely expected that out-and-out Nazis will be taking over the party. Aufstehen gegen Rassismus have called a demonstration outside.
We have also received the following request from The Labour Party group in Berlin: “This coming Thursday, 16th November, we’re having our monthly Labour International meeting in Neukölln at Café Plume. From around 19.30, we want to have an open discussion with anyone who voted in the last German Federal Election. We want to, if possible understand the result. Why, for example, the AfD secured so many votes, why the FDP scored higher again, why the SPD and the CDU lost votes and why Die Linke had the result it had.” Please go along if you want to join the debate.
Watch this space also for two events which will happening in December, but the dates are not yet fixed:
- Public Meeting on Catalonia in Karl-Liebknecht Haus with speakers from Die LINKE, and the Catalonian and Spanish left. Organised by Die LINKE Berlin Internationals
- Film evening in Eiszeit cinema: “My Father’s Wings” followed by a discussion with the director. Organised by the HDP/HDK Berlin with support from Die LINKE Berlin Internationals
Last but not least: one of the main topics at our next organising meeting will be about the speakers and topics we want for our meetings next year. We’d like a broad range of international subjects, so if you have any suggestions (or want to speak about something yourself), please contact us.
We’re already talking with the Berlin Labour party about a big meeting next year with a Labour MP. More information as it arrives.
Die LINKE Berlin Internationals
Join our mailing list – send an email to lag.internationals[at]die-linke-berlin.de