Here are some coming meetings and events in September. First, those in which we are directly involved, second those we find interesting. We will concentrate as a group on the first set, but if you are going to anything else, please use the opportunity to give out ourt election leaflets. If you don’t have any leaflets yet, please pick them up from Karl Liebknecht Haus or contact us at email@example.com.
Ok, here goes with the ones where we’re centrally involved:
ON SATURDAY 3 SEPTEMBER we have a stand at the rally with Gregor Gysi, from 10am till 2pm at Hermannplatz. We’ll be meeting shortly before 2 at the stand to go together to the Demo and concert against AfD, from Adenauerplatz to Lützowplatz. If you’re not coming from Neukölln find us behind our banner (Refugees are Welcome Here) on the demo
ON MONDAY 5 SEPTEMBER, there is the first of our 2 election meetings “Non-Germans and the Berlin elections. What are my voting rights? Why should I vote? Who should I vote for?” This one’s at 7pm at DIE LINKE offices in Neukölln, Wipperstraße 6 (U-,S-Bahn Neukölln)
ON MONDAY 12 SEPTEMBER, there is the second chance to see “Non-Germans and the Berlin elections. What are my voting rights? Why should I vote? Who should I vote for?” This time at 7pm at the jugendWiderstand Museum, Rigaerstraße 9-10 (U-Bahn Frankfurter Tor). For the last-minute mobilisation, it would also be great if some people could come to the LINKE Friedrichshain street festival on 11 September at Petersburg Platz from 2pm
ON SATURDAY 17 SEPTEMBER, we’ll be present with 2 different banners at 2 different demos. Against TTIP at Alexanderplatz from 12 noon, and for abortion rights at Brandenburger Tor from 1.30pm. We’ll send out the exact times and places to meet up nearer the date.
On SUNDAY 18 SEPTEMBER go out and vote for DIE LINKE
On TUESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER we have our next meeting: “From AfD to Burkhini Ban: why is Islamophobia on the rise in Europe?”. 7pm, in Karl-Liebknecht Haus KIZ.
That was, amazingly enough, the shortlist. Here’s a full list of interesting actions and meetings in the coming month (ULRIKE, please remind us about the festival you mentioned. I can’t find it online):
- 1 September, 6pm: Rally for anti-war day. Brandenburger Tor
- 2 September, 7.30am: Blockupy the Labour Ministry: meeting points Potsdamer Platz and Gendarmenmarkt
- 2 September, 4pm: Demo against the dirty deals with Turkey (partly organised by the HDP) Rotes Rathaus
- 3 September, 10am: Rally with Gregor Gysi, Hermannplatz
- 3 September, 2pm: Demo against AfD, Adenauerplatz
- 3 September, 5pm: Concert against AfD, Lützowplatz
- 4 September, 2pm: LINKE Neukölln street festival, Reuterplatz
- 5 September, 7pm: meeting on Non-Germans and the Berlin elections, Wipperstraße 6
- 10 September, 2pm:LINKE Wedding street festival, Neckelbeckplatz
- 11 September, 2pm: LINKE Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg street festival, Petersburgplatz
- 12 September, 7pm: meeting on Non-Germans and the Berlin elections, Rigaerstraße 9-10
- 14 September, 6pm: planning meeting for Myrightisyour right anti-racist carnival. More details to follow.
- 16 September, 4pm: LINKE final election rally at Alexanderplatz
- 16 September, 6pm: LINKE Kinonacht,Haus Schwarzenburg, Rosenthaler Straße 39
- 17 September, 12 noon: Demo against TTIP, Alexanderplatz
- 17 September, 1.30pm: Demo for abortion rights, Brandenburger Tor
- 18 September: Berlin election (check your local information)
- 23 September, 10am LINKE Conference: Crisis in the EU – time for a new start, Stralauer Platz 34
- 24 September, 4pm: Palestinian Culture Festival, Prinzenstraße 1
- 27 September, 7pm: Why is Islamophobia on the rise in Europe? Karl Liebkencht Haus