The Berlin elections will be on 18 September, and we are making our contribution to die LINKE’s campaign. Here’s what we have so far:
- We have made a lealet giving information about voting rights and the main issues of the election. The leaflet text is available online in English, German and Italian. (thanks to Christine and Gaia for the translations)
- We are translating the leaflet into Spanish and Catalan (thanks to Dani and Noemi – did I forget anyone?) If you are able to translate into other languages, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The flyers are now being layouted. A version in English and German will be centrally printed and will be available from Karl-Liebknecht Haus and elsewhere. For the other languages, we will make a PDF that you can print out yourself.
- On Monday 5 September we are organising an election meeting in Neukölln: “Non-Germans and the Berlin elections. What are my voting rights? Why should I vote? Who should I vote for?”. The meeting will be at 7pm in the LINKE offices, Wipperstraße 6 (S- and U-Bahn Neukölln). We are also looking to organise a similar meeting in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg but don’t yet have a venue (any ideas?)
- We will be discussing what we do in the elections more in our meeting in the woods in Hermsdorf on 28 August. If you want to come to this meeting or need more information, please contact us.
Thanks everyone for your help. And don’t forget to vote on the 18th