There’s quite a few meetings and demos coming up in the next couple of weeks. Here’s an attempt to summarize, with links in English where available.
- TOMORROW, THURSDAY, 21 April, widows of South African miners killed in the Marikana massacre will be speaking in Berlin. The meeting, organised by the rosa luxemburg stiftung and supported by our group is on the Denkerei, Oranienplatz 2. There are 2 podiums, one starting at 5pm, the other at 7.30pm. More information in English here: https://theleftberlin.wordpress.com/coming-events/21-april-talk-is-golden-but-taking-action-is-platinum-with-speakers-from-south-africa/.
- The film “Miners Shot Down” about the Marikana massacre will be showing on FRIDAY 22 APRIL at 6.30pm in Moviemento and on SUNDAY 24 April at 5pm in Hackesche Höfe. Both film showings will be followed by a discussion with the widows.
- On SATURDAY, 23 APRIL there is the national demonstration against TTIP in Hannover. More information in English here: http://ttip-demo.de/home/aufruf-engl/
- And on Saturday evening and SUNDAY, 24 April, there is the founding conference in Frankfurt-Main of the Aufstehen Gegen Rassismus alliance against the AfD. More information here (German-only): https://www.aufstehen-gegen-rassismus.de/aktionskonferenz/.
- On TUESDAY, 26 APRIL at 7pm there is the next meeting of our group in Karl Liebknecht Haus. Ruben Lehnert will be speaking on Die LINKE and the coming local elections in Berlin. Information in English here: https://theleftberlin.wordpress.com/coming-events/26-april-die-linke-and-the-local-elections-in-berlin/.
- On SUNDAY, 1 MAY, we will be having a stall on the MyFest festival at Mariannenplatz, then going to the demonstration together. Please fill in the shift plan to say when you can help: https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/MyFest/.
- On 6-8 MAY there is the Marxismuss festival with international speakers in the ND building. You can find a list of meetings in English here: http://marxismuss.de/english-language-events/
- On SATURDAY 7 MAY there is a national demo against Nazis in Berlin. More information in English here: http://berlin-gegen-nazis.de/en/saturday-may-7-2016-berlin-mitte-demonstration-fuer-ein-solidarisches-berlin-and-protest-against-right-wing-extremist-rally/
- On WEDNESDAY 11 MAY, we are planning to offer a Workshop “A Brief History of Die LINKE”. We’re still in the planning phase, but it will probably be in Karl Liebknecht Haus at 7pm.
- On THURSDAY 19 MAY its our next organising meeting. More info to follow.
- On SATURDAY 21 MAY we’re having a group visit to see Nina Hagen singing the songs of Berthold Brecht (Berliner Ensemble, 8pm). Tickets should be available from tomorrow. If you’ve ordered a ticket and want to pay or want to book a ticket, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Info in English here: https://theleftberlin.wordpress.com/coming-events/21-may-group-visit-to-see-nina-hagen-singing-songs-by-berthold-brecht/
- Towards the end of May we’re having a crash course in WordPress for anyone interested in working on our Website. Please enter the Dudle here if you want to attend: https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Website/
- On THURSDAY 26 MAY we have our next regular meeting in Karl Liebknecht Haus at 7pm. Fabio diMasi MEP will be speaking on Plan B: EU in crisis and the Panama Papers. More Information in English here: https://theleftberlin.wordpress.com/coming-events/may-26-plan-b-which-way-forward-for-the-european-left/
- On TUESDAY, 28 JUNE Toufic Haddad (Jerusalem) will be speaking, hopefully alongside an Israeli jewish speaker about The Left in Palestine and Israel. Karl Liebknecht Haus, 7pm.
- On TUESDAY, 26 JULY, Victor Grossman will be speaking on The US Elections after the Democratic Convention. Karl Liebknecht Haus, 7pm. More Information in English here: https://theleftberlin.wordpress.com/coming-events/the-us-elections-after-the-democratic-congress-discussion-with-victor-grossman-on-july-26th/.
And if that’s not all too much for you, the French activists of Nuit Debout https://www.facebook.com/Nuit-Debout-Berlin-269408443394322/ are currently meeting twice a week – every Wednesday and every Saturday at 7pm at Mariannenplatz. We should have a report of their current activities at our next meeting on Tuesday.
Hope to see you soon